Is That a Fake Coach Bag?
Is Your Bag a Fake Coach Bag? Tips on Identifying a fake Coach bag
Is that a fake Coach bag? That is a question that you should ask yourself if you are about to buy a Coach bag from an unauthorized Coach dealer. There are plenty of replicas that people sell. As with anything that people view as ‘sought after’, there are people that will make counterfeits to make a profit off of the products demand. You may be sold a fake Coach bag for the price of a real Coach bag if you are not careful and know what to look for.
For starters, even though it is an American company, Coach does produce some of its handbags in China. A made-in-China tag doesn’t mean it’s a fake Coach bag! Coach does not make bags in Korea or Thailand.
These are not fake Coach bags.
Below are images of authentic Coach bags (click images for details and larger views)
- Examine the layout of the signature C’s. The C’s should be lined up perfectly to the center. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag. The exception being, the mini-signature C collections which can be off by tiny bit only on the sides.
- The signature style for Coach will always be the two C’s next to each other in doubles. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag.
- The interior serial number should start with “No” (the abbreviation for number) and have 4 numbers after the dash. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag.
- The writing should be neat on the authenticity tag. The authenticity tag should not be crookedly stamped on and the paragraph above the serial number should be in all caps, and in English. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag.
- Make sure that the authenticity number matches up with the style of the bag that you are interested in purchasing. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag.
- Coach commonly uses logo tags that are attached by a beaded chain. Usually, the tag should match the trim of the bag. The words “COACH” should be raised, not imprinted. Tags are never made out of hard plastic. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag.
- The hardware on a Coach bag is always high quality, with all locks, chains and clasps being very strong, and never, ever plated. All zippers will have a “YKK” stamped on them. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag.
- Dust bags should be dark chocolate brown with a red drawstring. In the bottom right the words in all caps “COACH EST.1941″ written in white. Coach does not use cheap material to make these. If not, that could be a fake Coach bag.
This a a website that tracks websites that sell fake Coach Bags. www.fakecoachwebsites.com
Leave a Reply